About Thornton Park District
Visitors looking to decompress will find relief in the brick-lined streets of Thornton Park, the city’s most stylish district. Just east of Lake Eola, Thornton Park District is home to a colorful commercial district with a European feel to the restaurants and boutiques. More than 50 locally owned specialty shops, services, and dining destinations comprise the Thornton Park District, so whether you’re in the mood to sit outside with a glass of wine, enjoy a leisurely dinner before catching a show, or ready to put on your shopping shoes and spruce up your wardrobe and hairstyle, they have it covered.
- Were able to get four-way stop signs installed at three intersections located in the District.
- Helped raise more than $10,000 for local animal shelters through sponsorship and working with the Shampooch Team.
- Thornton Park Central Garage Mural project.
- Sponsored the Richard Ulmer Fund and helped raise more than $12,000 for children and their families to bring Christmas Eve to them complete with a dinner, tree and gifts.
- Sponsor of Come Out With Pride, bringing thousands to the Downtown and Thornton Park District.
- Assist new businesses getting their doors open by helping them navigate through the correct process with City staff.
- Worked on new planters for Washington Street.
- Partnering with neighborhood association for a Neighborhood “Clean Up”.
- Sponsored seven storm drain art projects.
- Events – more than 25,000 attendees
- 12 Thornton 2nd Thursday Wine & Art Walks
- Putt N’ Pour
- TPD Christmas Tree Decorating
- TPD Holiday Mixer
- Thornton Park Live
- TPD Halloween Block Party
- Spring & Fall TPD Car Show
- Richard Ulmer Celebrity Bartending Fundraiser
- Shampooch Estimate