About SoDo District
The SoDo District is a business district surrounded by many of Orlando’s historic neighborhoods known for their lakes, walkable parks and streets. Orlando Health, one of Orlando’s most established hospitals has served as a mainstay of the district since 1918. One of Orlando’s historic railroad stations is nestled within this community which is within one mile of Downtown Orlando.
Neighbors have joined forces with property owners and merchants revitalizing the Orange Avenue and Michigan Street corridors to celebrate this vibrant community where residents live, shop, work and play. With the growing number of renovations and additions to the commercial district, the SoDo District is defined as an emerging market. Small retail and mixed-use projects are creating a positive new look and tone. Many large retail chains have recently invested in the SoDo District, though a generous amount of boutique-style shops and mom-and-pop restaurants offer diverse options.
- First SoDo After Dark.
- Increased and recruited additional volunteers and now have a total of 19 BOD members.
- Painted four additional Art Boxes.
- Worked with local businesses to review the Façade Grant opportunity.
- Moved monthly BOD meetings each month to local business.
- Adopt a Road via Orange County SoDo District – East Michigan.
- Tested Visual Art Projection on Silos in Division and now moving forward with installation.
- Ordered Bike Racks with SoDo Logo.
- Events – more than 700 attendees
- Hosted Quarterly Coffee Clubs
- SoDo After Dark
- Clean-Up Green Up
- Adopt a Road Clean Up