About Mills 50 District
Mills 50 is a centrally located, culturally diverse, progressive minded, eclectic urban district! It is a grass roots, member-based organization made up of local business owners and residents, whose mission is to foster Orlando’s most diverse neighborhood by stimulating business, creating a walkable community and promoting our creative culture.
- Encouraged businesses to participate in Small Business Saturday and produced a social media marketing campaign.
- Hosted 2nd annual “Love Fest”, a free event celebrating all things love – love of the earth, love of music, love of art, etc.
- Hosted three pub crawls: the annual St Patty’s Day Pub Crawl; the annual Approximately 12 Pubs of Christmas Pub Crawl and the annual First Day of Fall Pub Crawl.
- Sponsored the second annual “Mills 50 Artist Series” art wine bottle reception and fundraiser, featuring wine bottles painted by 37 local artists.
- Organized the annual “GreenUp” for volunteers to trim, mulch and fertilize the eight (8) Chinese Fan palm trees along Mills Avenue.
- Produced “Virginia Drive is for Lovers”, a free street fair/art market.
- Conducted the #Mills50Local campaign, which encouraged residents to join Mills 50 and receive coupons, offering free or discounted goods and services, from Mills 50 businesses.
- Hosted four (4) Business After Hours networking events for business and residential members.
- Sponsored a Safety & Security workshop for business owners.
- Co-sponsored, with the City of Orlando, a food/commercial recycling workshop for business owners.
- Events – nearly 11,000 attendees
- Dragon Parade/Lunar New Year Festival
- Virginia Drive is for Lovers
- Baja Out Back
- Historic Homes Tour
- Four Business After Hours
- Patty’s Day Pub Crawl
- Approximately 12 Pubs of Christmas Pub Crawl
- First Day of Fall Pub Crawl
- Mills 50 Artist Series
- Love Fest
- Safety & Security workshop