The Gateway Orlando District is pleased to announce its search for its next Executive Director!
Reports to: President, Board of Directors of Gateway Orlando
FLSA Status: Exempt
Develop and maintain relationships with businesses in the Semoran Corridor neighborhood business district in the City of Orlando and Orange County from Orlando International Airport to Colonial Drive for volunteers, memberships and sponsorships with Gateway Orlando District; economic development of Semoran Corridor; improved physical appearance of Semoran Corridor; and promotion of the Semoran Corridor and its businesses:
- Conduct in-person visits, telephone calls, mass mailings and e-blasts to businesses in the district.
- Respond to communications from businesses within 24 hours of receipt.
- Attend Chamber of Commerce and community events, including East Orlando Chamber of Commerce, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, City of Orlando, Orange County and Neighborhood Councils and Associations.
Attract and retain memberships and sponsorships of Gateway Orlando District:
- Meet individually with members at least annually (quarterly for members paying membership dues of $500.00 and above) to retain memberships and sponsorships.
- Maintain databases of current members and sponsors, and prospective members and sponsors.
- Create, edit and distribute membership brochures and promotional materials to solicit members.
- Meet individually with prospective members and sponsors to determine their interests and needs and inform them of the benefits and costs of memberships and sponsorships.
- Participate in Membership Drives to solicit new members.
- Identify sponsors for events to provide equal sponsorship opportunities, avoid over-solicitation, and identify untapped businesses for sponsorships among members and businesses in the district.
Recruit and manage volunteers of Gateway Orlando:
- Maintain database of prospective volunteers of Gateway Orlando District.
- Identify members of Gateway Orlando District to serve on Board of Directors and Committees of Gateway Orlando District.
- Facilitate New Member Orientation.
- Create, edit and distribute New Member Information.
- Facilitate Board of Directors Orientation annually.
- Identify volunteers for major events.
- Recognize volunteers through certificates, gifts and annual events for volunteer appreciation.
Attract and retain businesses for the Semoran Corridor neighborhood business district for economic development:
- Consult with businesses in the district to assist them with business functions for their businesses’ success.
- Meet with prospective businesses for the district to provide them the benefits of locating their businesses in the districts.
- Act as a liaison between businesses in the district and the City of Orlando, Orange County and other government and private organizations for permitting, code enforcement and identification of resources.
- Provide individual and group resources to attract and retain businesses in the district.
Improve physical appearance for the design of the Semoran Corridor neighborhood business district:
- Consult with businesses in the district to improve the physical appearance of the exterior of their businesses.
- Act as a liaison between businesses in the district and the City of Orlando Façade Program and Orange County BANC Program for businesses in the district to improve their physical appearances.
- Facilitate and participate in projects to improve the physical appearance of the district.
- Act as a liaison to the planning departments with the City of Orlando and Orange County.
Promote Gateway Orlando District, its events and activities, and the Semoran Corridor neighborhood business district:
- Act as spokesperson with the media regarding Gateway Orlando District and the district.
- Write press releases about Gateway Orlando District, its events and activities, and the district.
- Create, edit and distribute promotional materials about Gateway Orlando District, its events and activities, and the district.
- Assist with planning, set-up, running and take down of Gateway Orlando Events to promote the organization and district.
Attend and facilitate between Board of Directors and Committee meetings and activities:
- Attend Board of Directors and committee meetings.
- Facilitate between Board of Directors and committees on projects to identify areas of joint interest, avoid duplication of efforts, and create collaborations within organization.
Manage administration and operations of Gateway Orlando District:
- Purchase supplies for Gateway Orlando District.
- Conduct accounts payable and receivable in collaboration with Treasure and Accountant.
- Provide Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet statements to Board of Directors and City of Orlando Main Street Program utilizing Quick Books.
- Manage Invoices and Memberships utilizing Quick Books in collaboration with Treasurer and Accountant.
Facilitate between Gateway Orlando District and City of Orlando Main Street Program:
- Attend City of Orlando Main Street Program Manager Training and Meetings, general trainings and other events and activities.
- Complete and submit quarterly and annual reports to City of Orlando Main Street Program.
- Act as liaison between Gateway Orlando District and City of Orlando Main Street Program.
Facilitate between Gateway Orlando District and local elected officials:
- Meet monthly with City of Orlando Commissioner and quarterly with Orange County Commissioner.
- Attend City Council Meetings and Orange County Board of County Commissioner Meetings when needed.
- Act as liaison between Gateway Orlando District and City of Orlando and Orange County elected officials.
- Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors of Gateway Orlando, specifically the President of the Board of Directors. In the absence of the President, The Executive Director, reports to the Vice President.
- The Executive Director does not have any supervisory responsibilities. However, he/she may manage volunteers in collaboration with the Board of Directors, Committee Chairs and Event Chairs. In the event that Gateway Orlando District hires contract employees, temps or interns, the Executive Director will manage them. If additional employees are hired by Gateway Orlando District, this position description needs to be revised to establish working relationships.
- Executive Director works with Board of Directors, Committee Chairs, Committee Members, and Members of Gateway Orlando District.
- Executive Director works with businesses and prospective businesses, and residents of Semoran Corridor neighborhood business district.
- Executive Director works with employees of City of Orlando and Orange County.
- Executive Director works with elected officials from the City of Orlando, Orange County, State of Florida and United States of America.
• High school diploma and 5+ years of experience, associate’s degree and 2 years of experience or bachelor’s degree and no experience.
• Sales or event planning experience required.
• Experience selling memberships, professional services or products.
• Website, social media and graphic design experience preferred.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Dennis Ferraro, President of the Gateway Orlando District, at President@gatewayorlando.org.