College Park Main Street is seeking a motivated, self-directed, results-oriented individual to manage College Park Main Street’s promotional events and functions.
The Event Manager will work directly with the Executive Director and the Promotions Committee; will manage, promote and implement the various initiatives as approved by the Board of Directors. Established community relationships and the ability to identify leads is required component of this job. The Event Manager must have strong communication and organizational skills, the ability to problem solve, and an enthusiastic willingness to learn and tackle technical, logistical and creative tasks. A “yes” attitude is critical to this position, and pro-active involvement, hard work, and communication skills are vital to the success of the Event Manager. This position requires a customer service minded attitude and provides opportunity for growth and learning.
The Event Manager will be responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following:
- The management of College Park Main Street’s 3 major events, including fundraising, event promotion, profitability and operational success.
- The identification and execution of new small to medium sized opportunities for additional events throughout the year.
Compensation will be comprised of a base salary, plus a bonus structure dependent upon the overall profitability and growth of College Park Main Street events.
- Critical Thinking – use reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to manage many projects at one time, meet deadlines, make and prioritize lists, and work independently if/when necessary.
- Collaborative Teamwork – ability to work well with a team to bounce off ideas, collaborate, and problem solve.
- Communication – ability to communicate with colleagues and clients (internal and external to the organization), and express needs in order to get a job done.
- Active Learning – ability to learn new concepts, programs, and processes for the benefit of the company.
- Organization – ability to organize information and data.
- Ability to Handle Pressure – ability to work under pressure or time constraints.
- Pro-active Flexible Attitude – having a passion and pride for the end result and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Attention to Detail
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to submit a resume.