Position: Associate Director, Church Street District
Position Opening Date: June 14, 2019
Position Closing Date: July 5, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Supervised by: Executive Director, Church Street District – an Orlando Main Street
The Church Street District (CSD) Associate Director is responsible for assisting the CSD Executive Director in the development, execution, implementation and documentation of activities and special events of Church Street District (CSD), a non-profit organization. The CSD is part of Orlando Main Streets, a Main Street America accredited program. The Associate Director reports directly to the Executive Director and works in a collaborative manner to help meet the goals and expectations of the CSD governing board. The Associate Director will oversee community events and activate relations and job functions directly related to large portions of the district’s proposed boundary expansion. He or she will work under the CSD Executive Director’s supervision to prepare board meetings, board meeting minutes, special community events, block parties, multi-day and community events downtown through strategic initiatives with special events’ partners that fall directly in line with the Church Street District mission and vision, and act as a direct liaison to the merchants in an effort to grow district membership. The Associate Director will work consistently and enthusiastically to promote historic preservation and community development through various public relations initiatives, marketing projects, stakeholder workshops, job fairs, community education programs to build relationships with business and property owners hosting events, identifying and securing grant funding and sponsorships, performing administrative functions associated with Main Street activities as directed by the CSD Executive Director, and assisting the CSD Executive Director with other projects that benefit the entire Church Street District.
Essential Job Functions
- Associate Director should understand event planning and development, permitting, safety and security scheduling, zoning regulations, and other applications of public event development.
- Associate Director should have experience working community fundraisers, special events, festivals or concerts, live entertainment, and sporting events.
- Associate Director should be able to demonstrate past successes with membership recruitment, educational/community outreach, donor relations, and economic development.
- Initiate, oversee and cultivate merchant and stakeholder relationships.
- Encourage and fosters entrepreneurial enterprises in the community, making referrals to resource providers when appropriate.
- Engage merchants, listen to the needs within the Parramore community and new Main Street expansion to gather feedback to increase support and unity of the District.
- Create and maintain a cooperative working relationship with existing and new businesses, owners/operators, and local agencies. Maintain and disseminate information pertaining to the district, specific projects and existing amenities.
- Assist the Executive Director in the planning and execution of all CSD events, marketing, stakeholder communication and administrative responsibilities.
- Host monthly merchant meetings, property owner meetings, and neighborhood-specific business education meetings as needed.
- Recruit and retain business members from both inside and outside of Church Street District.
- Provide regular updates to the Executive Director and governing board.
- Foster and maintain positive collaborative working relationships with City of Orlando staff and other CSD partners.
- Work collaboratively with Executive Director to develop and execute special projects as needed, and to develop and maintain the budget as a whole and for individual projects within.
- Maintain event budgets and coordinate monthly profit and loss statements.
- Coordinate events partners and events execution.
- Secure event sponsors and identify new event stakeholders and perspective events target markets.
- Generate leads for the Executive Director for allied advertising sales.
- Social media management of pre and post events’ activities.
Job knowledge and skills
The candidate should have at least 3 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: event management, non-profit management, or business administration. Community development, community outreach, and small business development considered an advantage. Event management, Planning, and Execution of events. Bachelor’s degree is required.
Salary is $45,000 – $55,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience, with opportunities for bonus incentives. Competitive health insurance package. Dental and vision not included. Two weeks paid vacation.
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: CHURCHSTREETDISTRICTJOBS@GMAIL.COM
LIVE INTERVIEWS SCHEDULED JULY 18 & AUGUST 1, 2019