About Gateway Orlando District
Located in the southeast section of Orlando, Gateway Orlando is the spine of east Orlando, connecting the City’s two major airports. It is also the primary route for visitors between the airport and such critical destinations as Downtown Orlando and the University of Central Florida. In the last 10 to 15 years, neighborhoods surrounding this corridor have taken on an increasingly Hispanic or Latino character, while at the same time maintaining the strong values and home ownership that have always existed in this part of Orlando. The vibrant energy brought forth during this transition has created a virtual melting pot district experiencing an urban revival. Having a history that is barely 50 years old, Gateway Orlando joins the Orlando Main Street program as the City’s first Market Street District.
- Hosted first ever Azalea Park Festival at Keiser University with Special Edition Barbershop as sponsor.
- Hosted first ever Gateway Gala (Bratini) to bring breast cancer awareness and support local charity Ribbon Riders.
- Hosted 6th Annual Trunk O Treat at Keiser University.
- Gateway Guardian Program helped reduce the crime in district by working with local and federal law enforcement, Hotels, and stake holders. We have enjoyed the lowest crime in the city of Orlando for the past months.
- Acquired two new district sponsors – Bonchon Korean Chicken and McDonald’s franchise Owner Oerther Foods.
- Painted the first four electrical boxes in district along Lake Underhill, and Dixie Bell.
- Worked in conjunction with LYNX to paint 49 bus shelters in district colors in preparation for the bus Shelter Art Project.
- Hosted 10 business of the month events at the respective businesses.
- Launched Welcome to Orlando Podcast to talk about what makes Orlando great and to feature district business expertise and Core group presentation highlights.
- Participated in Restaurant Week 2018 and Marlow’s Tavern was featured on Fox35 to promote Restaurant Week and other Districts.
- Launched new website to showcase organization as a featured location and not just an organization.
- Events – more than 1,600 attendees
- Azalea Park Festival and Car Show at Keiser University
- Bratini Signature Gala
- 6th Annual Trunk O’ Treat
- October Business of the Month Sunshine State Medical
- November Business of the month Mecatos
- December Business of the Month Taste of Yucatan
- January Business of the Month Café Caobana
- February Business of the Month Bonchon
- March Business of the Month CG+ Insurance
- April Business of the Month DNF
- May Business of the Month High Tide Harry’s
- June Business of the Month Prince of Peace
- August Business of the Month That Shoe Store and More
- October Gateway Guardian Hilton Garden Inn
- November Gateway Guardian Sheraton OIA
- December Gateway Guardian Ana G Mendez
- February Gateway Guardian Springhill suites
- March Gateway Guardian Country Inn and Suites
- April Gateway Guardian Hampton Inn and Suites
- May Gateway Guardian Springhill Suites
- June Gateway Guardian Hyatt Regency
- August Gateway Guardian Marriot OIA
- September Gateway Guardian Renaissance Hotel
- August women of the District Happy hour
- Connection Core group is a weekly networking event that meets every Tuesday Morning from 8:30am – 9:30am and has an average attendance of 18 – 30 people weekly. We met weekly for 40 weeks in 2017-2018