JOB TITLE: Executive Director of College Park Main Street
HOURS: Full-time position
COMPENSATION: Compensation is comprised of a base salary of $50,000, and a variable comp structure, based on performance.
REPORTS TO: College Park Main Street’s Executive Committee
COLLEGE PARK MAIN STREET’S MISSION STATEMENT:
College Park Main Street will lead, champion and inspire the development of College Park into a thriving community of residences, workplaces, businesses and retailers actively engaged in creating a rich quality of life for all who work, play and live here.
As the Executive Director, support the Board of Directors in reaching the goals and objectives set by the various committees. This role includes fundraising, planning and developing programs, assisting committees and volunteers, soliciting membership and serving as the primary liaison to government entities, community organizations and the College Park Main Street’s Board of Directors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
▪ High degree of credibility, independence, integrity, confidentiality and trust.
▪ Familiarity and involvement with the Main Street approach.
▪ Ability in effective oral and written communication, effective public speaking skills and the ability to articulate information in understandable terms, and sound sales skills.
▪ Sound business judgment.
▪ Experience within a non-profit, community-based organization.
▪ Effective interpersonal skills required to interface between members, sponsors, volunteers and prospective members.
▪ Good organizational and planning skills, as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
▪ Ability to operate successfully in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
▪ Computer literacy and word processing skills, such as Microsoft Suite, Adobe, Constant Contact and social media platforms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
▪ Minimum of two years’ experience in a non-profit organization preferred.
▪ Sales and fundraising experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
▪ Actively recruit new members.
▪ Actively maintain membership records.
▪ Develop, coordinate and participate in educational and training programs to meet membership needs.
▪ Actively recruit and coordinate volunteers for projects, committees and events.
▪ Regularly visit business members and prospective business members.
▪ Actively pursue fundraising opportunities within the College Park district, while endeavoring to identify and confirm new opportunities within and without the College Park district, and as alternative opportunities present themselves.
▪ Develop, coordinate and participate in fundraising, planning, activities and events.
▪ Research and coordinate vendor relationships (i.e. Event partners, City of Orlando staff/departments, etc.)
▪ Attend committee meetings and maintain minutes of the meetings.
▪ Assist committees with their plans and projects, and help administer.
▪ Assist committee chairs in preparing work plans.
▪ Actively support Board treasurer and CPMS bookkeeper/CPA in an effort to organize expenses, maintain financial records and submit timely tax reports.
▪ Prepare reports for the Board of Directors meetings; attend BOD meetings and present updates.
▪ Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies, procedures and practices for the general operation of the Main Street, in coordination with Executive Committee.
▪ Prepare reports for the City of Orlando as required.
▪ Work with Government agencies within the City of Orlando.
▪ Maintain a relationship with other local organizations.
▪ Collaborate with other Main Streets and their Executive Directors in an effort to exchange ideas, learn best practices and foster relationships.
▪ Supervise, train and manage CPMS staff (assistant) and interns.
▪ Once monthly meeting with CPMS President and/or Executive Committee to review current and anticipated goals and objectives.
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to Amy Rawls at firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day Wednesday, October 18.
Please contact Amy Rawls at email@example.com for more information.