Football season, arguably the best time of the year, is finally upon us! Orlando is home to football fans from around the country, rooting for teams from coast to coast, from college teams in every division all the way up to the NFL.
But this year, Orlando is kicking it up a notch. During the 2016-2017 football season, Camping World Stadium will host seven of the most anticipated games of the season. Starting off with the NFL pre-season game between the Miami Dolphins vs. the Atlanta Falcons, the stadium will go on to host the Camping World Kickoff between Florida State University vs. Ole Miss, Florida Blue Florida Classic, Autonation Cure Bowl, Russell Athletic Bowl, Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl and the NFL Pro Bowl, drawing in visitors from across the country to our City to celebrate one of America’s favorite sports.
To see a full list of dates and times for football games taking place at Camping World Stadium, click here.
For residents and visitors alike, the Orlando Main Streets has the ultimate list of places to go before, during and after each game.
- Church Street District – As any Orlando resident knows, Church Street is the place to be for all things sports. Typically the popular place to celebrate all Orlando City Soccer games, Church Street District will be hosting a number of events to celebrate each game. Make your way through the bars and restaurants in Church Street Station and Wall Street Plaza for the full football fan experience. Church Street is in walking distance from Camping World Stadium, and therefore makes for a great pre and post game location. For a list of events going on in Church Street throughout football season, click here.
If you can’t make it to the games or just want a fun place to watch the game with a group of friends, our Main Streets are home to a number of local bars with perfect football-watching food, drinks and big-screen TV’s.
- Graffiti Junktion – College Park or Thornton Park District
- Ollie’s Public House – College Park
- World of Beer – Thornton Park District
- Dexter’s – Thornton Park District
- Ten10 Bewing – Mills 50
- The Brass Tap – Mills 50
- Vanbarry’s – Downtown South
- The Hideaway Bar – Ivanhoe Village
- The Hammered Lamb – Ivanhoe Village
Football fans can all agree that football season isn’t half the fun without good food, a cold drink and a few great friends. Join our Main Street districts for the local football season experience.
Written by: Caylah Hall, Business Development Division