Milk District Executive Director Position Announcement
Executive Director Position Summary:
The Milk District, an Orlando Main Streets district, is seeking an energetic, dynamic, creative, and organized individual to serve as full-time Executive Director of The Milk District Main Street District. This highly motivated successful candidate will be the central figure in assisting with the development and revitalization efforts in The Milk District Main Street District and will manage all aspects of the operations of the program. This includes community outreach, event planning, marketing, fundraising, business/membership development and day to day activities. The Executive Director will carry out the Board of Directors strategic goals for the program and will coordinate with the City of Orlando Main Street Administrator and other Orlando Main Street districts. The Executive Director will report to The Milk District Board of Directors. This is a full-time position and will require some after hour events and meetings. Salary range is $32,000-$36,000.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, develop and maintain business relationships with all Milk District Main Street businesses within the district.
- Maintain relationships and communications with The Milk District’s City Commissioners and the City of Orlando Main Street Administrator.
- Attend all Milk District meetings, including committee meetings, board meetings, and other scheduled events and/or programs.
- Coordinate committee activities with committee chairs.
- Promote program involvement and membership to merchants, residents, property owners, and other stakeholders/interested parties within The Milk District.
- Make suggestions to the Board of Directors based on feedback from program constituents on program content and benefits.
- Maintain and track memberships, sponsorships, donations, all receivables and budgeted/approved expenditures.
- Prepare monthly program reports.
- Coordinate all programs and activities within The Milk District.
- Oversee daily operations and administration, and provide needed hands-on involvement.
- Coordinate projects, promotional activities, and collect local market information.
- Be a full-time advocate for The Milk District.
- Become an authority on information, resources, programs and history related to the district.
- Work cooperatively with the local community to develop and implement action plans and timetables which will include public and private activities and events.
- Implement local objectives through the development of revitalization tools, such as rehabilitation programs; existing state and federal funding sources and grant opportunities, administrative procedures; political mechanisms and legal processes, as appropriate.
- Develop, monitor, and assess economic strategies to attract new users into existing facilities and expand current market opportunities.
- Developing and maintain contacts with media sources to disseminate project information within the local community.
- Coordinate all social media marketing/accounts.
- Develop and direct a strong volunteer base.
- Oversee and manage volunteers and interns as applicable.
- Other duties as directed by The Milk District Main Street Board of Directors and the City of Orlando Main Street Administrator.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Administration, related field, or; relevant entrepreneurial and management experience.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience in economic development, downtown development, organizational development, nonprofit management, or small business management.
- Must possess confidence, professionalism, strong people skills and be able to work with a diverse group of business owners and residents
- Must have strong organizational skills, efficiency, initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to work in a rapidly changing urban environment.
- Must be able to work independently and be accountable.
- Must be able to set and achieve short and long term goals.
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently both written and verbally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google and Google Drive, QuickBooks. Experience in WordPress is preferred.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to manage websites and social media content such as Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, Yelp, and Blogs.
- Experience with event planning and organizational/membership/community meetings.
- Experience with fundraising, including corporate membership campaigns, sponsor solicitations, institutional supporters, and individual donors.
- Proficient in conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Outstanding customer service and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to maintain a positive and creative work environment.
- Possess a philanthropic and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Display a strong ability to lead, motivate and delegate.
- Excel in developing customer loyalty.
- Flexibility with hours.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Pauline Eaton, City of Orlando Main Streets Administrator:Pauline.Eaton@cityoforlando.net
No phone calls or information-seeking emails please
Resumes will be accepted through Friday, November 11, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.